Click on image to watch video clip.
CROISSANT BREAD PUDDING
By RUE LAFAYETTE CAFÉ
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups cubed Croissants (day old)
For the sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and cream in a bowl. Pour over cubed croissants, add chocolate chips, mix in and let sit for 3+ hours, up to overnight.
- If you like white chocolate, nuts or raisins you can to taste.
- Bananas work well too but do NOT add them at this point, if using bananas mix them in right before putting in the oven.
- You may also add liqueur such as brandy.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
Once mixture is soaked pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
You may use cupcake cups to make individual bread pudding cups.
For the Caramel Sauce:
Put one cup of sugar in a pan. Turn on heat to mid range and let sit still until it start to caramelize. Start adding in heavy cream slowly stirring with a whisk or spatula. Add cream until you are satisfied with the consistency. Quantity of cream should be 1 cup but may vary.
Once out of the oven, drip caramel sauce on top, add homemade whipped cream and chocolate syrup and enjoy!